ReliabilityWhen it’s done right, LED-based lighting delivers the performance, energy savings, and operating life your application requires. OptoElectronix is the leader in The Art of LEDs™—the conception, design, and manufacture of cutting-edge, standardized, highly efficient LED-based lighting. We bring together many decades of expertise and experience in LED systems, an intimate knowledge of the lighting industry, and a thorough understanding of the manufacturing disciplines and requirements of both. This deep understanding of LED technology is critical for meeting our zero customer returns goal.
Integrated Design: Optics, Drivers, and Thermal Management
LED light engines and replacement bulbs simply won’t perform as promised without design and manufacture that balances heat, optics, electronics, power, and component attributes. For example, if the heat generated by the LED isn’t properly directed out of the LED, it can take years off of the life of the LED. A quality LED will typically last 50,000-100,000 or more hours. Without proper heat sinking, the LED could lose half of its brightness in less than 1,000 hours.
OptoElectronix takes an integrated approach using the industry’s top modeling tools — including SolidWorks and COSMOS — to design and analyze the entire thermal system for longest life. Automated manufacturing using statistical process control (SPC) methodologies and product quality testing ensure consistent quality and long life.
Stringent Product Qualification and Reliability Testing
One way we ensure that our products meet our goal of 100 percent customer satisfaction (zero customer returns), is to perform stringent tests on all products prior to their release to production. These reliability tests place the products into situations that greatly exceed what they will normally see over their lifetime.
- Power Temperature Cycling Test: simulates extreme operating and environmental conditions
- Ambient Operating Life Test: simulates normal operating conditions and rules out early mortality
- High Relative Humidity With Elevated Temperature and High Power test: determines the performance of the devices when operated in hot, humid environments
We submit our LED light engines to third-party testing houses for additional qualification. Many of our products carry one or more of the following certifications:
- UL-recognized components in the U.S. and Canada
- NSF/ANSI 2 compliant: safe to use in fabricated food equipment (refrigerators, range hoods, etc)
- Ingress Protection Rating IP66: dust tight and protected against powerful water jets
- Meets requirements for ENERGY STAR compliance.
- LM-79 testing completed by ITL